What to do in Paris with your family this week-end?
With the closing of museums, cinemas and indoors activities, it's a real puzzle to find a family outing
You know it, I'm a fan of Street Art and I'm also aware that Street Art does not always have a positive image with parents😊 "Vandalism" "It's not art" ....
So, let's go, I'm sharing with you 13 good reasons to discover Street Art with your children
Street Art develops the curiosity of children, their desire to dream
- Street Art is art accessible to all
- Street Art: Finally a museum where you can laugh and run!
- To repaint the walls of the house (lol)
- Street Art makes it possible to discover another culture
- It is an art that is "not instituted", which they will remember when they will be older
- Street Art develops (or maintains!) the ability to live the present moment
- Street embellishes the city
- Discover the Street Art works, it's free!
- Street Art surprises us in our daily lives
- It is a beautiful intergenerational activity: the children and the parents let themselves be surprised and learn together
- Parents fall back into childhood, children enjoy theirs 😊
- Discover Street Art, it's an outdoor Activity, Covid Friendly😊
I also share some artists who sometimes fall back into childhood:
- Of course the famous Space Invader!
- Seth that you can discover in the Butte aux Cailles tour
- The Cyclop that you can discover in the Montmartre tour
- The gouzous of Jace
... and many other artists that you can discover in the Explorhappy Street Art Discovery Tours 😊
To live the experience thoroughly,
. Your child can take a small drawing notebook to reproduce works and describe his emotions
. Do not forget to take chalks in your bag! Give free rein to your creativity with your family on the sidewalks of the city (avoiding any vandalism, of course) ("Great a battle of Space Invaders with chalk")
. Immortalise your works and this moment with pictures: great effect and memories guaranteed!
We are lucky in Paris, we have many districts with lot of Street Art:
And if it rains, we can always visit indoors:
- The Jingle Art Gallery in the Marais
- The Galleria Continue, still in the marais, which has just been inaugurated by JR
- The Frigos in the 13th arrondissement: during open doors days
- Ecole 42 in 17th arrondissement
- Fluctuart on the quays, free organised visit
I only have to wish you a great family outing thanks to the discovery of Street Art!
If you have any questions contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or the IM