13 good reasons to discover Street Art with children
What to do in Paris with your family this week-end?
With the closing of museums, cinemas and indoors activities, it's a real puzzle to find a family outing
You know it, I'm a fan of Street Art and I'm also aware that Street Art does not always have a positive image with parents😊 "Vandalism" "It's not art" ....
So, let's go, I'm sharing with you 13 good reasons to discover Street Art with your children
A big thank you to the groups Facebook Street Art - Au gré des grafs and Street Art that suggested me new reasons: a beautiful illustration of the great state of mind of Street Art fans!
Street Art develops the curiosity of children, their desire to dream
- Street Art is art accessible to all
- Street Art: Finally a museum where you can laugh and run!
- To repaint the walls of the house (lol)
- Street Art makes it possible to discover another culture
- It is an art that is "not instituted", which they will remember when they will be older
- Street Art develops (or maintains!) the ability to live the present moment
- Street embellishes the city
- Discover the Street Art works, it's free!
- Street Art surprises us in our daily lives
- It is a beautiful intergenerational activity: the children and the parents let themselves be surprised and learn together
- Parents fall back into childhood, children enjoy theirs 😊
- Discover Street Art, it's an outdoor Activity, Covid Friendly😊
I also share some artists who sometimes fall back into childhood:
- Of course the famous Space Invader!
- Seth that you can discover in the Butte aux Cailles tour
- The Cyclop that you can discover in the Montmartre tour
- Clet that you can discover in the tours Marais and Montmartre
- The gouzous of Jace
... and many other artists that you can discover in the Explorhappy Street Art Discovery Tours 😊
To live the experience thoroughly,
. Your child can take a small drawing notebook to reproduce works and describe his emotions
. Do not forget to take chalks in your bag! Give free rein to your creativity with your family on the sidewalks of the city (avoiding any vandalism, of course) ("Great a battle of Space Invaders with chalk")
. Immortalise your works and this moment with pictures: great effect and memories guaranteed!
We are lucky in Paris, we have many districts with lot of Street Art:
Montmartre, Butte aux Cailles, République, Marais, Coulée Verte and even the 15th!
And if it rains, we can always visit indoors:
- The Jingle Art Gallery in the Marais
- The Galleria Continue, still in the marais, which has just been inaugurated by JR
- The Frigos in the 13th arrondissement: during open doors days
- Ecole 42 in 17th arrondissement
- Fluctuart on the quays, free organised visit
I only have to wish you a great family outing thanks to the discovery of Street Art!
If you have any questions contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or the IM
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published